Saturday, December 27, 2014

Transformers: Age of Extinction Review (2014)

Transformers: Age of Extinction

 

  Michael Bay is at it yet again with this fourth Transformers movie. Oh boy, where do I even begin?

  By now, it is widely apparent that Bay films are going to be filled with explosions, overtly sexualized young girls, American flags, sports cars, and off beat humor. Here in Age of Extinction, we get almost 3 hours of all of that with 2 minutes of dinobots.

  Most of the audience knows what they're getting into when they go see a Michael Bay film, but I must say that this has to be one of the worst films I've ever seen by him.

  The acting is terrible, even Mark Walhberg can't make his stupid character interesting. The exposition is lazy. The plot is all over the place. The humor is ridiculously stupid. I'd never thought I'd say that I miss Shia Lebouf.

  Not only that, but it's wayyyy too long. In the word of Cinemasins (A YouTube channel dedicated to mocking and picking movies apart) "Bay takes more time to justify why the underage girl in this movie is in a relationship with an older guy, than he does to justify any of his plot."

  There is so much wrong with this shallow, stupid film that it's not even worth going on. If you like explosions and cars, maybe you'll enjoy this. But for everyone else, don't waste your time. It'll make you lose faith in cinema. 1 out of 5 stars. I'm honestly embarrassed that I paid to see this in IMAX. (Hate It)


No comments:

Post a Comment