Saturday, December 27, 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Review (2014)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier


  Most of my friends know that I'm not a big fan of Captain America, however, I must say that the Winter Solider is much better than the first. The origin story has been developed and now we can move onto the story.

  I know this movie has received a lot of critical acclaim, but this didn't really resonate with me.

  Steve is a very one-dimensional character. He's the goody two shoes with no room for improvement. As a person who enjoys watching flawed characters like Tony Stark, learn their lessons and grow, I find these perfect, holy characters quite annoying.

  Steve's character aside, Marvel can't seem to let any of their characters go. No matter how many times people are shot at and killed, they always seem to have a way of coming back. This makes me feel safe as an audience member. I know nobody is going to die and at the end they'll save the world, so why watch at all?

  Captain America isn't a terrible movie, but it's not very good either. 2.5 out of 5 stars. (Watch If Free)

No comments:

Post a Comment