Saturday, December 27, 2014

Maleficant Review (2014)

Maleficant 


  This movie was very stunning to look at. The use of color and lighting, the beautiful creatures and forests. Unfortunately, a pretty film isn't enough to keep me invested. 

  It starts out with Maleficent as a little girl. If you don't already know this, I'll tell you now. I hate child actors. The little girl is terrible and before the Angelina even makes an appearance, I want to turn it off.

  When she does appear, the movie gets a little better, but not by much. The whole tone feels so childish and silly. Sleeping Beauty, played by Elle Fanning, is good, but a lot of bad things could have been avoided if characters were just a little smarter.

  The little fairy creatures (that were great in the original cartoon) were so stupid in this movie for the sake of laughs, that I literally felt my IQ lowering. 

  Another thing that bothered me was the powers of Maleficent. Even the film makers didn't seem to know the boundaries of her magic, let alone audience. 

  This isn't a very good film. I give it 1. 5 out of 5 stars. (Skip It)

No comments:

Post a Comment