Monday, June 17, 2013

Man of Steel Review (2013)


Man Of Steel Review

 

  In Man of Steel, Zack Snyder tries to reinvent the origin of superman. Do they suceed? Well...
  We start off in Kyrpton and spend quite a bit of time there before Kal-el is even sent off to earth. Kyrpton looks pretty cool and Russell Crowe did the best he could with the time he had there but once little Kal-el is sent off in his ship, the movie hits the ground hard. 
  Clark is shown as an adult and we get to know him in a series of very choppy, badly directed flashbacks. While the casting for Clark as a child was pretty good, the actors themselves I wasn't very impressed with. 
  My hopes for this movie were REALLY high. I wanted to like it very badly despite the bad critic reviews, but honestly, I just didn't. What kept going through my mind was, "Why should I care?" and "When will this end?". The end half of the movie is overwhelmed with a lot of boring action while the character development is nowhere to be found. Lois and Clark had NO chemistry whatsoever and I didn't understand why they cared so much about each other. 
  No one really killed it in their roles and the plot was EVERYWHERE! I am very disappointed with this film and honestly I doubt there ever will ever be a good superman movie. Again, I really wanted to like this and really tried to find the good in it, but everything was just so bad that I couldn't even be entertained by it. Sadly, (and it pains me to do this) I give Man of Steel a 1 out of 5 stars because it really was just a hot mess. But hey, on the bright side, Henry Cavill is really good looking. (Hate It)

No comments:

Post a Comment