Monday, June 3, 2013

After Earth Review (2013)

After Earth Review

 

  I went into this film with very very low expectations and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Is that saying much? Not really... After Earth is probably the best I've seen of M. Night Shyamalan but I've pretty much hated all of his movies. While Will and Jaden smith do the best they can with such little plot to work with, some of the journey seemed a bit tedious at parts. Jaden has a lot of potential but I don't know if working with a director like Shyamalan can help him in his skill. That being said, the movie had it's moments and I had more fun with it than I thought I would due to all of the horrible reviews it's gotten. 

  Will Smith's character is supposed to be fearless but comes across sometimes as a stiff, emotionless, jerk. Again, he did the best he could in a role that wasn't very endearing.

  I thought this movie was decent and that if it had a better director it could have been even more decent, unfortunately we were stuck with Shyamalan. If this didn't interest you from the trailer, than you will probably hate it.

  I will be gracious and give After Earth a 2.5 out of 5 stars. (Watch If Free)


No comments:

Post a Comment