Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Purge Review (2013)

The Purge Review


  Going into this movie I was excited because I LOVED the concept. It was original, intriguing, and seemingly a perfect world for our story to take place in. 
  While I must admit the story line could have been taken to more extraordinary levels, I quite enjoyed this movie. Granted some of the characters, mainly the children, got on my nerves quite a few times, and then there were a few obvious jump scares in the beginning, but there was something fresh about the concept of this film that I really liked. Is it for everyone? Not at all. Some may find this movie more amusing than scary and I will admit, a lot of the problems they faced could have been avoided if the characters showed a little more common sense. 
  Also The Purge failed in the area of horror. It seemed like more of a thriller to me and was kinda forgettable. It's not great, but it's entertaining. A little forced perhaps, but bearable. Overall I give The Purge a 3 out of 5 stars. If you don't want to have to think very much and just enjoy the movie, this is for you. (Rent It)










No comments:

Post a Comment