Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Life of Pi Review (2012)


Life of Pi Review

 

   Ang Lee's adaption of Life of Pi is unlike anything I've seen in a while. It is about an Indian boy who is moving with his family to Canada to sell animals from their zoo in India. All havoc breaks loose when there is a huge storm and Pi (played by Suraj Sharma) is shipwrecked on a lifeboat with a vicious Bengal tiger.
   It takes some time to find its flow in the beginning but once you get on the water, you are fully immersed in what is truly a spectacular journey. Not only are the visuals beyond gorgeous, but the story is filled with depth and conflict that I didn't expect from a PG movie. Ang Lee has executed this movie with nearly flawless precision as we are kept at the edge of our seats, rooting for our hero to survive. 

  I've found Life of Pi to be refreshing and different. The relationship between the tiger called Richard Parker and Pi was far more interesting than that of your sappy teen romance movies.
  I am also very impressed with newcomer Suraj Sharma. Not only was he talking to air most of the movie (Because the tiger was CGI) but he didn't even know how to swim prior to this. I felt that his acting was very genuine and pure.
  As you can tell from this review, I really loved this movie. I give it 5 out of 5 stars! (A Must See)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment