Monday, May 20, 2013

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Review


  Not being a huge fan of the Lord of the Rings trilogy (I know, shoot me), I found the Hobbit to be a lot more enjoyable than I would have imagined. I rented it purely because there was nothing else to watch and found myself quite entertained. 

  Martin Freeman, who played Bilbo Baggins, was absolutely excellent and made Bilbo endearing. The rest of the cast was also good. In particular: Thorin, Kili, and Gandalf. 

  I had a bit of a struggle relating to Frodo in the other movies, so it was refreshing to have a character I actually cared about. The movie's biggest problem is definitely the pacing. It lags a lot and adds a lot of unnecessary subplots that were never in the book.

  The direction, camera work, and CGI were all well done, and overall, I really enjoyed this movie. I give The Hobbit 3 out of 5 stars. (Rent It)


Trivia and Sex and Nudity from http://www.imdb.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment