Saturday, August 13, 2016

The Invitation Review (2016)

The Invitation


 So I just found out about this movie recently. Apparently it came out in April as a limited release and was then sent straight to Netflix afterwards. Anyway, I heard some good things, decided to check it out, and I sure am glad I did.

  The Invitation is one of the best psychological thrillers I've seen since Joel Edgerton's The Gift. The film is about a man named Will (played by Logan Marshall-Green) who is invited to a dinner, reunion party with his ex-wife, her new husband, and some old friends. That's as far as I'll go into the story because I don't want to give away spoilers. The less you know the better.

  What was so great about this film was the way tension and paranoia was built. It's kind of a slow burner, but you always feel like you're on the verge of something horrifying happening.

  The pacing is perfect, the characters are interesting and layered. There wasn't a single second of this film where I felt bored. The Invitation is a skillfully executed film with a simplistic story, that is majorly effective. I give it a 9 out of 10 stars. (I'd Buy It On Blu-ray)

No comments:

Post a Comment