Sunday, August 14, 2016

Anthropoid Review (2016)

Anthropoid


  Honestly, summer of 2016 has been a pretty disappointing year for movies. That's exactly why I was so excited when I saw the trailer for Anthropoid (Featuring one of my favorite actors of all time, Cillian Murphy).

  This film is about the assassination of SS officer Reinhard Heydrich. From what I've heard, the true story is followed pretty accurately, and I really believe that this film did it justice. The acting is top notch, across the board, the cinematography is non-showy and simplistic, and they really take time to flesh out their characters without using exposition. This film shows the true horrors of war on a big and small scale, and really demonstrated the humanity of these soldiers who were put in charge of such a dangerous, controversial mission. I liked how every scene was intentional, even in the romance. Everything just felt necessary. 

  That said, while watching the movie I did feel acutely aware of the whole cinematic experience as a whole. It is grounded in that you can take it very seriously, but it is also very polished, perhaps to a fault.

  In the end, Anthropoid is a gripping, honorable look into the history of a fairly unknown mission. 8 out of 10 stars (I'd Buy It)

No comments:

Post a Comment