Monday, August 6, 2018

The Incredibles 2 Review (2018)

The Incredibles 2


  It's been 14 years since the first film, and my excitement for Incredibles 2 was like no other. As a kid, I watched the first film hundreds of times, so when I sat in that theater for this one and when that classic Pixar studio image appeared, I literally had the chills.
  Before I get into the review, I want to mention quickly that the short, Bao, was one of my favorite Pixar shorts to date. It was absolutely hilarious, beautifully animated, and moving at the same time.
  Okay, now that that's out there. Back to The Incredibles 2. Was it good? *inhale* YES. It was fantastic.
  When you go into the sequel of a movie that was soooo nostalgic to you as a child, it hardly ever lives up to the hype. Not here though. Pixar brought everything they had, making this equally as entertaining, hilarious, and fun as the first. Just like the first film, The Incredibles strengths is in it's character development and the character's interactions with each other. The stakes are grand yes, but the way it effects the characters personally is what makes us care. The way they have to deal with the conflicts of the outside world while at the same time dealing with how the outside world is creating conflicts within their own home.
  I was really impressed by the villain of the film. They were scary, the threat felt real, and their motivations made sense.
  While to me, The Incredibles has a more "Mission Impossible" type feel than a superhero film, I would say if we are to categorize it by the superhero genre, it was the best to come out this year. 10 out of 10 stars. (A Must See)

No comments:

Post a Comment