Monday, July 3, 2017

Baby Driver Review (2017)

Baby Driver


  Written and directed by Edgar Wright, Baby Driver is the story of a young getaway driver named Baby (Ansel Elgort), trying to get out of the #thuglyfe.
  When I saw the trailer for this movie, I figured it was a bad rip off of Drive. However, when the high praise reviews came in on Rotten Tomatoes, I got curious.
  Deciding to give it a shot, I went and saw this film, and I was pleasently surprised. 

  This is one stylish film, my friends. It has that 500 days of Summer, indie vibe to the cinematography and a directorial flare that really sets it apart from other action movies. Baby Driver had the potential to be really campy, but the execution was top notch, as well was the acting. Jaime Foxx in particular gave a really good performance.
  Another thing I really loved, was how the soundtrack was used. It felt like a character itself, bringing us into the action and keeping us there. Which reminds me –– THE ACTION. DUDE. The car scenes blew my mind. From the opening scene, we get to see Baby's driving skills, and he doesn't dissapoint.
  If there is any flaw in the movie, it would unfortunetly be in the romance department. I feel like the love interest (Lilly James) and Baby's connection is quite rushed. She makes choices that are life changing after only weeks of knowing the guy. This took me out of the movie a little bit, but it doesn't ruin it.
  In the end, Baby Driver is a wildly entertaining thrill ride that you should definetly see! 8 out of 10 stars (I'd Buy It)

No comments:

Post a Comment