Thursday, May 5, 2016

Jungle Book Review (2016)

Jungle Book


  Disney has done it again, bringing cartoons to life in their latest achievement, The Jungle Book. I'd seen versions of the Jungle Book as a kid, but I can't actually remember seeing the original cartoon. That said, I had no real remembrance of the story other than a kid in the jungle who talks to animals. 

  There was a lot of hype for this movie and I can see why because it is a visual feast. Not only are the animals beautiful and real looking, but the entire forest is made of CGI as well. Andy Serkis's motion capture studio takes us to a whole different world and it's gorgeous! 

  Another thing I really liked about the movie was the voice overs, especially Christopher Walker as King Louie, Idris Elba as Shere Khan, and Ben Kingsley as Bagheera. 

  The way they incorporated a couple of the songs into the film was really cool as well and gave it that Disney charm. In fact, I just loved the whole soundtrack in general and the way it added emotion to the scenes.

  As most of you know, I have a real hard time with child actors. Considering that the main character is a child, here's what I thought on the newcomer Neel Sethi. For his first film ever, going up against literally all green screen, I'd say that Sethi did quite a good job. However, there were times where the greenness of his performance took me out of the film.

  While I could go on nitpicking some of the minor things tone wise in the movie, we still have a very solid, heart-felt film that works on a lot of levels and is great fun for the whole family. I give Jungle Book a 6 out of 10 stars. (Worth Ticket Price)

No comments:

Post a Comment