Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Captain America: Civil War Review (2016)

Captain America: Civil War


  Before I begin this review, I must admit that I'm not a Captain America fan and so my opinions on the movie are based on my personal feelings for the character. 

 That said, let's talk about the new additions to the Avengers.

  Chadwick Boseman as black Panther. Let me just say, that super suit was baaaad. (I mean that in a good way).

  I've been impressed with Tom Holland since 2012's disaster drama, The Impossible. If there was one thing motivating me to see this movie, it was definitely Spidey. Turns out, it was for good reason. Spidey was exactly how his character should be. Young, geeky, and with corney jokes. He was my favorite part of the film by far. I"m really looking forward to his solo movies.

  Let's continue to the plot. I like the way they set up both sides of the "war" and gave reasonable arguments. At some points in the movie you really don't know who's right or who to root for. This was cool because it engages the audience and they can actually partake in the story.

  My problem was with Bucky Barnes. I don't care if he's Cap's best friend, the length Cap went to defend him seemed ridiculous and frankly a little bit gay. There's a reason #givecapaboyfriend is going viral on twitter. At one point, Bucky even asks why he's doing this. Honestly, that what I wanted to know.

  As in every marvel movie, there are some funny quips and good actions, but also like other marvel movies, it's very shallow. Every film just feels like a long trailer for the next film and eventually they all start to blend together and feel like the same movie. 

  Am I saying it's bad? No. A lot of people enjoyed it as well as critics. However, if I never saw this movie again, I'd be okay. 4 out of 10 stars. (One Time See)

No comments:

Post a Comment