Wednesday, June 3, 2015

San Andreas Review (2015)

San Andreas

 

  I'm gonna start off by saying that I really didn't want to see this movie. In fact I was forced into it because pest control was coming to spray inside and I had to be out of the house. Now that that's out of the way, let's begin. 

  San Andreas stars Dwayne the Rock and the plot is pretty straight forward. The big California earthquake hits and now the Rock (who's basically playing himself) has to save as many people as possible. If that doesn't sound interesting to you, it's because it's not interesting. Unless of course you like watching buildings crumble and people dying in tons of unrealistic ways. Granted, I don't think the movie itself thinks it's realistic. 

  For two hours we watch Paul Giamatti try to sincerely act through terrible dialogue, watch 29 year old, super white, Alexandra Daddario pretend to be the Rock's daughter, and don't even get me started on the tsunami.

  It's rare to see a disaster movie that has more depth than it does CGI (The best I can think of is The Impossible). That being said, if you're a fan of disaster movies and you're capable of turning off your brain completely, you might actually enjoy this. Is it as bad as 2012 or Into The Storm? No. It does have more entertainment value, but that doesn't mean it's good either. I give San Andreas 2.5 out of 5 stars. (Watch If Free)

No comments:

Post a Comment