Friday, November 8, 2013

Thor: The Dark World Review (2013)

Thor: The Dark World Review

  While I was excited to see Thor kick butt, I'd be lying if I said I didn't see this film mainly for Loki. He's unpredictable, sarcastic, twistedly awesome, but not that much in the film which had me a bit disappointed. 
  The film's strength was it's comedy in that it didn't take itself really seriously at all. It knows it's cheesy, we know it's cheesy and it doesn't try to be what it's not, which I can respect. The visuals are beautiful especially in a particular scene involving a boat and a waterfall. However, there were quite a few flaws that I simply couldn't overlook. The plot was all over the place (most of the time I wasn't even sure what it was), Jane and Darcy were borderline annoying most of the movie, and again, I wanted more Loki! 
  The more you think about it the less you like it, but if you are in the mood for some fun mindless action, this is the film for you. I enjoyed the first movie more which makes Thor: The Dark World just good enough not to be bad. 2.5 out of 5 stars from me. I left the theater thinking, "Meh." (Watch If Free)









No comments:

Post a Comment