Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Ender's Game Review (2013)

Ender's Game Review
  
  I want to start off by saying that I have NOT read the book and so there will be no comparisons in this review; that being said, after seeing this, I would definitely like to.
  One of the things I can't stand in movies is bad child actors, thankfully most of the cast was really good! While some of the children had a hard time with the complex dialogue, (Ender) Asa Butterfield's line delivery is spot on. After seeing him in Hugo and Boy in the Striped Pajama's I already knew he was talented, but in Ender's Game he holds the entire movie on his shoulders and even stands out next to Harrison Ford, Ben Kingsley and Viola Davis. With such a tremendous amount of emotional range at such a young age, this star has a bright future ahead. 
  I was very impressed with the character of Ender himself and his development. He was effortlessly likeable, smart, and respectable, definitely a leader I'd want to get behind. 
  While at some points the story is a little hard to follow, long winded, and some of the emotional moments seem forced, Ender's Game held its head above the water with solid performances, strategic character development, and a powerful ending. It was hardly perfect, but it was charming. 3 out of 5 stars. (Rent It)



No comments:

Post a Comment