Friday, November 22, 2013

Hunger Games: Catching Fire Review (2013)

Hunger Games: Catching Fire Review

  Fresh from rereading the book, I had such high expectations for this movie and let me just say, I was BLOWN AWAY. From the minute it starts the cinematography and directing was just beautiful. I enjoyed the first movie a lot, but Catching Fire takes us to a whole new level. The acting performances are better from everyone, it's edgier, no shaky camera, believable chemistry between Katniss, Peeta, and Gale, the budget is bigger, there's less CGI and the CGI that is in it is more realistic, the arena is stunning! All in all it was a perfect film in every way and got the tones of the books down to the T.  
  Everyone did SUCH an exemplary job with their characters, but two people stood out to me a bit more than the others and that was my girl, Jennifer Lawrence and Sam Clafflin who plays Finnick. Jennifer Lawrence has such amazing expression that you don't need a first person perspective like the book to know what she's thinking. You can just see it in her eyes. Jennifer really perfects this role, it's the best I've ever seen her. 
  Sam Clafflin also had a lot of pressure entering this all star cast, but he totally nailed it. Finnick's character is so likeable and he encompasses everything I imagined him being in the book perfectly. Now of course there are other names that did absolutely amazing as well, Jena Malone as Johanna Mason, Josh Hutcherson really brought it this time around, and I loved the new game maker played by Phillip Seymour Hoffman, just to name a few.
  I am so happy with how much detail from the book was in the movie from the smallest things. Buttercup actually looked like Buttercup instead of some random black cat like in the first movie. Katniss and Gale's hair were actually black like it was in the book instead of dark brown. Little details like this made the movie so much stronger than the first and that's saying something cause I really loved the first. 
  Director Francis Lawrence's vision of Catching Fire is definitely worth the price of an admission ticket. It's the best sequel I've seen since The Dark Knight.
 5 out of 5 stars, no doubt! (A Must See)



No comments:

Post a Comment