Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Amazing Spiderman Review (2012)

The Amazing Spiderman Review (2012)


    There were several things that I liked about this movie and several things that I disliked about this movie. Let me start off with the things I liked.    

  Andrew Garfield did an excellent job as Peter Parker. Even with the not so impressive script, Garfield highly succeeded in making Peter endearing, relatable, and even funny at parts. Emma Stone, who had the potential to be the annoying girlfriend that most of these superhero movies typecast, was surprisingly delightful and I really bought her relationship with Peter. The chemistry of both actors was great and I really liked the first two acts of the film in which they were developing the story. 

  Now for what I didn't like about this film. The villain, played by Rhys Ifans, has the most cliche' storyline in the history of cliche' storylines. Not only have we heard and seen this story before, but the CGI on the giant lizard was extremely sloppy. I absolutely hated the villain in this movie and his goals never made any sense to me. To make matters worse, the screenwriters seemed to get lazy by the third act. That, or they never changed it from the first draft. It felt rushed and the stakes weren't high enough to make the climax fulfilling. If I had gone to see just the first two acts of the film, I would have really liked this film. Unfortunately, the ending was messy and let's face it, not so amazing. 3 out of 5. (Rent It)



No comments:

Post a Comment