Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Thor: Ragnarok Review (2017)

Thor: Ragnarock


  I've mentioned before that I've had superhero fatigue for a while now and wasn't actually planning to see this movie. Fortunately, I needed a way to buy time while I waited out rush hour traffic after work and tickets at the Regency theater just so happened to be 6 bucks. So here we are! This is my second time walking into a Thor movie with low expectations and being pleasantly surprised. What I think makes Thor so different from other Marvels films is it's self-awarnessness. It knows that it's cheese and so it doesn't try and be anything else. In Thor Ragnarok, they really let Chris Hemsworth's natural charm influence his character, which was extremely entertaining and made him even more likable.
  I loved the different characters; specifically Jeff Goldbloom, Tessa Thompson, and Taika Waititi. They truly lit up the screen with their presence and raised the bar in the comedy department.
  Aside from it at times being all over the place, Thor: Ragnarock is overall a vibrant ball of fun from start to finish. Does it offer much outside of fun? Not really, but if you're looking for anything outside of fun, you should probably leave the Marvel universe entirely. I give Thor: Ragnarock a 9 out of 10 (I'd Buy It On Blu-Ray)

No comments:

Post a Comment