Saturday, March 4, 2017

Logan Review (2017)

Logan


  *Wipes away tear* It's officially over. After 7 films, Hugh Jackman is done, and it's got me feeling all kinds of emotions.
  First off, let me just say that Logan is the perfect ending to one of my favorite Marvel franchises. Everything that didn't work with the last two Wolverine movies, worked here, and I think most of it had to do with the R rating. I am so glad they decided to follow in Deadpool's suit with this one. Similar to a Quentin Tarantino film, the already great action was only enhanced positively by the extreme, realistic violence, and it really demonstrated why this character feels like such a monster at times. That said, even more satisfying than the brilliant action, was the quiet emotional moments.   

  Logan is a bitter and broken man, and it's never been so clear as it is in this movie. I love that they never try to polish his character; that they allow him to be morally wrong and for his relationships to be messy. Specifically, I liked his relationships with Patrick Stewart (who was amazing), and Dafne Keen (who was also amazing and savage in her scenes). 

  While at times you definitely feel the 135 minute runtime, Logan is a rugged, gritty, grounded, and complex film that isn't afraid to make the audience uncomfortable. I'd even say that the tone felt more like an indie film then a big blockbuster, which is why it's made my top 3 favorite Marvel movies of all time list. 10 out of 10 stars. (A Must See)


PS: The marketing team for Deadpool is GENUIS. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment