Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Don't Breathe Review (2016)

Don't Breathe


 Hahaha ha ha. Oh man, that was the scariest game of Marco Polo I've ever seen. . .

  When I first saw the trailer for Don't Breathe my reaction was, "Please stop making trash like this. Seriously? We're supposed to root for a bunch of idiot kids breaking into a blind guy's house? #rude"

  Then the reviews started coming in, saying it was the best horror movie of the decade etc. So I decided to go see for myself. And it was a good thing I did.

  In this twisted version of the home invasion genre, we are given an extremely clever, brilliantly executed, and tightly edited piece of film. Don't Breathe knew exactly what it wanted to be and it really went for it.

  Suspenseful, scary, exciting, and fun. It's been a while since I've come out of a horror film with those adjectives on my brain, and for that I give this film major props. However, one of the minor problems I did have with Don't Breathe, and the reason I can't quite get it to 10 stars, is that all of the characters are so unsympathetic. At times I was rooting for the old man, other times I was rooting for the kids, and by the end of it,  I just wanted something terrible to happen to each and every one of them. That said and character's aside, I thoroughly enjoyed this for what it was and it achieved exactly what it wanted to achieve. 9 out of 10 stars. (I'd Buy It On Blu-Ray)

No comments:

Post a Comment