Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Mission: Impossible––Rogue Nation Review (2015)

Mission: Impossible––Rogue Nation


  There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who like Tom Cruise movies and those who don't. I am all for Tom Cruise movies and I don't think one person who saw Mission: Impossible had a bad thing to say about it. I would also like to mention that the only other Mission Impossible movie I've seen is Ghost Protocol, which I very much enjoyed. That said, I wasn't as impressed with Rogue Nation as I thought I'd be, despite all of the hype and good reviews. I don't say this because the characters are cartoonish and survive multiple situations in which they'd very likely be dead, although that is true, but I say it because I was bored at times. As I'm sure you know, bored is something nobody should ever be during a Tom Cruise movie. Granted, there were some really good action sequences and chases, but I really wasn't too invested in the characters. It felt like I'd seen everything before. Is that to say this film is bad? No, I think it has entertainment value, but after watching this year's earlier release of Mad Max: Fury Road, I don't think I can be blown away by action in comparison. 

  Another thing that bothered me was some of the comedic relief. I like Simon Pegg, but I felt that some of his line delivery fell flat. If they wanted us to laugh, I think having Jeremy Renner as the comedic relief would have worked out better. 

  In the end, I wanted to like this movie, but in my opinion, Ghost Protocol was more memorable. Still, if you enjoy Mission Impossible and you enjoy Tom Cruise, I'd say go check it out. 5 out of 10 stars. (Rent It)

No comments:

Post a Comment