Saturday, August 8, 2015

Ant-Man Review (2015)

Ant-Man


  I went into Ant-Man with very very low expectations, even despite the pretty good rotten tomatoes score. I don't know, something about a guy who can shrink into the size of an ant seemed kinda silly to me. Paul Rudd, who usually does comedy roles, was playing the main character which made me very curious to see how this would turn out. To my surprise, it actually turned out pretty good! While the concept is just as silly in the movie as it is in the trailer, it knows it's silly and it capitalizes on that fact. Do we take anyone in this movie seriously? Not really. Are we really invested emotionally in any of the characters? Not really. If someone were to die, would I care? No. But it's fun and it gave me some good laughs. The way they did the shrinking power was actually really cool too and fun to watch when he's training. My gripe with the movie is with Evangeline Lily's character and her father. They tried to make this deep, kinda broken relationship with the two of them, and it just came off as really melodramatic. Other than that, Ant-Man was pretty entertaining. Maybe a little long, but better than Avengers: Age of Ultron and Guardians of the Galaxy. 3.5 out of 5 Stars. (Worth Ticket Price)

No comments:

Post a Comment