Saturday, December 28, 2013

Saving Mr. Banks Review (2013)

Saving Mr. Banks Review
 
  While it took a moment to get off the ground, once it started, I was totally engrossed in it and it really made me want to re-watch Marry Poppins. 
  Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson did such fantastic jobs in their roles. Would I give Hanks the Oscar for best actor? Maybe not for this role although he was brilliant; I'd still say he deserved it more for Captain Phillips. Who really impressed me (who I didn't even know was in it) was Colin Farrell. It was by far the best I'd ever seen from him and he really went for it. Paul Giamatti also had a sweet little role and I really liked him in the film.
  This movie was extremely charming in a lot of ways and had so much heart. It was sad, delightful, inspiring, smart, profound and genuine all at once. I really couldn't find a flaw with it. I was pleasantly reminded of 2010's The King's Speech. 5 out of 5 stars for this gem. (A Must See)

No comments:

Post a Comment