Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Wolverine Review (2013)

The Wolverine Review

 

   I'm going to be totally honest in saying that I haven't enjoyed too many superhero movies this summer, but Wolverine definitely revived that inner fangirl. Most of the time it is hard to relate to characters that can't die *cough* *cough* superman *cough*, but the story of Logan makes you want him to go all the way. 
  The fighting scenes were intense, but not overdone. Some may argue there are not enough action sequences to which I kindly disagree. There was an especially cool scene atop a bullet train that really caught my eye. The camera work was excellent and I was entertained the whole way through. While the story structure is simple minded and can casually be watched, the characters are colorful and Hugh Jackman does an excellent job as Logan (duh). One of the villains, Viper, was a bit weak and unnecessary in my opinion, but overall I award the Wolverine a 3.5 out of 5 stars. I couldn't quite get it to four. (Worth Ticket Price)

No comments:

Post a Comment