Thursday, March 28, 2013

Jack and the Giant Slayer Review (2013)

Jack and the Giant Slayer Review (2013)


  Jack and the Giant Slayer was an entertaining movie but it was a bit slow at first and could have ended a bit sooner. The acting performances from Nicholas Hoult, Eleanor Tomlinson, Ewan McGregor and Stanely Tucci were all very good and the CGI giants didn't bother me half as much as I thought they would, which was surprising. But were they great? No. They were okay if you ignore all the cheesy burping and farting that the director apparently felt needed to be there. It was cheesy, but amusing and fun. I liked the chemistry with Jack and the Princess and I enjoyed Ewan McGregor's character even though some of his lines gave me flashbacks of Starwars... Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. 
  Overall I did enjoy this movie, but it must be seen with low expectations and I probably wouldn't watch it again. I give it a 2 out of 5 stars. (It's Okay)


2 comments:

  1. Good review Aliya. I would recommend seeing it if you're looking for a mindless action flick and you just want something to do for over an hour and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I completely agree! I think kids would like it, but for older people, it's just mindless entertainment :)

    ReplyDelete