Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Tomb Raider Review (2018)

Tomb Raider 


  Before I begin this review, I should state that I've never seen any of the previous Tomb Raider movies or played any of the video games. 

  I went into this film knowing absolutely nothing other than that it starred Alicia Vikander who I absolutely loved in Ex Machina and Light Between Oceans. Unfortunately, I wasn't that impressed with her performance here. 

  To her defense though, I think her average performance had to do more with the bad script, which was my biggest problem with the movie.
  For starters, they did this thing where Character A will tell Character B information that Character A already knows just to fill in the audience instead of organically revealing the information. It was super annoying and they did it several times. On top of that, the story didn't really make much sense, and you don't really have a reason to care about any of the characters.
  In a movie like this, you'd hope at least the action would be entertaining. But nope. There was probably two cool sequences, and the rest feels extremely date, bringing nothing new to the genre.
  If I were to sum up Tomb Raider, I'd say it was the estranged love child of Prince of Persia, Indiana Jones, and The Mummy, but without any of the charm that made those movies likeable. 3 out of 10 stars (Watch At Your Own Risk)

No comments:

Post a Comment