Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Room Review (2015)

Room


  Now that I've finally stopped crying, I can write this review. 

  Room stars Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay. It is the story of a woman held captive in a shed for over seven years with her son Jack, their escape, and how they learn to rediscover the outside world. 

  I didn't know too much about the film before watching, except that it had loads of Oscar buzz and that it was going to make me cry. After seeing it, I can understand why it had been hyped so much. And yes I did cry. Several times.

  Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay are both incredible in this movie. They break your heart with their subtle, but powerful performances. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, rarely do young actors impress me. Tremblay, however, managed to really nail all of his emotional scenes without overacting. I foresee big things for this kid.

  Room is a relentlessly heavy film, not for your casual Saturday night lounge. It makes you see the world through the eyes of an innocent child in a vigorously dark circumstance, yet embraces a strong theme of hope. 

  It's hard hitting, but completely worth the watch. 10 out of 10 stars. (A Must See!)

No comments:

Post a Comment