Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Creed Review (2015)

Creed


  Sports films are very hard to get right and after watching the trailer for Creed, I figured it would be as generic as the rest. When it came out, the reviews started flooding in and they were all positive. Curious, I decided to give Creed a shot and let me just say, I'm glad I did. 

  If you're a fan of the Rocky franchise, consider it successfully rebooted and rebirthed for the next generation. Adonis Creed (played by Michael B. Jordan) is our main protagonist, a self taught fighter who convinces Rocky (Sylvester Stallone) to train him. 

  Living under the shadow of his father's name, Adonis takes on his mother's maiden name, Johnson, and tries to make a name for himself. 

  I really liked the emotional process they took Adonis and the audience through as he begins his training and as his relationship with Rocky blooms. Beneath his hard shell, there is an endearing quality about him that makes you want to root for him no matter what. 

  It's organic storytelling is engaging, full of heart, and a real winner as a Rocky follow up. It was never predicable or overlong, but instead a great balance of lightheartedness and poise. I really really enjoyed this film! 8 out of 10 stars! (I'd Buy It)

No comments:

Post a Comment